Frequently asked questions about our Active products.
Here you will find the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our Active products.
Do you still have questions?
Please get in touch using our contact form.
Sport and activity
Wear the activity sensor on your left wrist (if you are left-handed, wear it on your right wrist). Pull the end of the wrist band through the opening as shown. Now press the fastening clip into the openings of the wrist band until you hear it click into place.
Alternatively, you can also wear the activity sensor in your trouser pocket.
Exercise is a prerequisite for leading a healthy life. Physical activity keeps you fit and lowers the risk of heart disease and circulation problems. Exercising helps you to lose weight and you will notice that your well-being improves. Physical activity covers all exercises that use up energy. As a result, daily activities such as walking, cycling, climbing the stairs and household chores play an important part. The activity sensor is useful for you to be able to objectively assess and record your daily motion activity. In this way, it can also motivate you to increase your daily exercise. A daily quota of at least 7,000–10,000 steps or a 30-minute activity are ideal.
(Source: according to WHO, Dr. Catrine Tudor-Locke, Dr. David R. Bassett jr.)
The activity sensor continually records your physical activity using the in-built 3D sensor. All your physical movements are then converted into steps. The information on the distance covered can therefore differ from the actual distance.
You can transfer your saved data to a smartphone (Android and iOS) via the Bluetooth® interface of your activity sensor, where you can then analyse it. For this you only need the free-of-charge beurer HealthManager app on your smartphone. The activity sensor uses the Bluetooth® (low energy), 2.4 GHz frequency band.
- Smartphones/Tablets with Bluetooth® 4.0
- iOS version from 7.0
- Android™-devices with Bluetooth®4.0 from version 4.3
To transfer the recorded data from your activity sensor to the beurer HealthManager app, proceed as follows:
1. Activate Bluetooth® on your smartphone.
2. Open the beurer HealthManager app.
3. Press and hold the button on the activity sensor for fi ve seconds. When doing so, the device must not be in sleep mode.
4. During the data transfer, appears SYNC briefly on the display of the activity sensor.
There could be several reasons for this:
- Check that the smartphone/tablet is compatible with the beurer HealthManager app. Here you can find a list of all compatible mobile devices
- The activity sensor is in "sleep mode". To exit "sleep mode", press and hold the button for 3 seconds. "GOOD MORNING" appears on the display of the activity sensor.
- Bluetooth® is not activated on your smartphone. Activate Bluetooth® in your smartphone settings.
- The battery in the activity sensor is empty. If the activity sensor does not switch on, charge it with the USB charging cable supplied.
- Check that you are using the correct app. A data transfer is only possible with the beurer HealthManager app.
Open the HealthManager App > Settings > My Devices > AS 80 and select "Remove device" at the bottom. Now re-add the AS 80 and start data synchronisation.
Charge the battery in the activity sensor if LOW BATT is shown on the display when pressing the button. As soon as LOW BATT is shown on the display, a maximum battery power of 15 hours remains. In order to continuously record data, never allow the battery to deplete completely.
- Turn on your computer and insert the USB plug of your USB charging cable into the USB socket.
- Connect the clamps of the USB charging cable with your activity sensor as shown. Ensure that the small triangle of the USB charging cable lies correctly in the triangular notch on the rear of the activity sensor. Only then will the battery be charged.
- To see the current charge status, press the button on the activity sensor.
It usually takes approx. 3 hours to fully charge the battery.
You can also wear the activity sensor whilst cycling. It is crucial that you wear the sensor correctly. You can wear the sensor on your leg or in a narrow or side trouser pocket. You should not wear it on your belt. Otherwise, data on the distance covered will deviate from the actual distance as the activity sensor will interpret all your physical movements as steps.
The activity sensor can record 30 days and 7 nights. If all memory spaces are full, the oldest recordings will be automatically overwritten. We therefore recommend that you carry out the data transfer at least once a week.
Here is an overview of the functions of the activity sensor:
Press the button repeatedly until SLEEP is shown on the display.
Press and hold the button for 3 seconds. "GOOD NIGHT" appears on the display and the device switches to sleep mode.
To exit sleep mode, press and hold the button for 3 seconds. "GOOD MORNING" appears on the display.
Enter the required alarm time into the beurer HealthManager app.
Carefully clean the activity sensor from time to time using a damp cloth. Do NOT immerse the activity sensor in water!
You can reorder a USB charging cable/fastening clip from Beurer customer services, giving details of the following material numbers:
Fastening clip Material number: 163.561
USB charging cable Material number: 163.562
An activity sensor, a USB charging cable and a quick guide are included in the delivery.
For environmental reasons, do not dispose of the activity sensor in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Dispose of the unit at a suitable local collection or recycling point. Dispose of the device in accordance with EC Directive – WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment). If you have any questions, please contact the local authorities responsible for waste disposal.
- Make sure that the battery is charged.
- Contact Customer Services.
- Clean the adhesive surface of the electrodes using a damp, lint-free cloth. Replace the electrodes if they still do not stick securely.
- Clean the skin prior to any application; do not use skincare lotions or oils prior to treatment. Shaving may increase the life of electrodes.
- Press the OK button to interrupt the program. Check that the connection cables are correctly connected to the electrodes: Please check that the poppers on the electrodes and on the cuffs have clicked into place and that the plugs of the cables have been inserted firmly into the device.
- Ensure that the electrodes are in firm contact with the treatment area. If you are using the arm and leg cuffs, ensure that they have been moistened with water and are in close contact with the skin.
- Ensure the connection plug is firmly connected to the device.
- Check the electrode positions and ensure that the adhesive electrodes do not overlap
- Gradually increase the impulse intensity.
Charge the battery.
- The electrodes/cuffs are not positioned correctly. Check their positions and re-position, if necessary.
- The electrodes are worn. This may cause irritated skin, as even distribution of the current across the entire area is no longer guaranteed. For this reason, replace the electrodes.
Immediately stop treatment and wait until your skin has returned to its normal condition. If the redness is under the electrode and disappears quickly, there is no risk – this is caused by the locally stimulated, increased blood flow.
However, consult your doctor before you continue treatment if the skin irritation persists and if it is accompanied by an itchy sensation or inflammation. You may be allergic to the adhesive surface.
- Ensure that Bluetooth on your smartphone/tablet is switched on.
- Please note that a connection can only be established if your device and your smartphone/tablet are no more than 5 m apart.
- Location sharing must be activated on Android devices to establish a connection with a Bluetooth(R) device. Therefore, to be able to use Bluetooth(R), you have to activate location services
When connecting for the first time, a six-figure code has to be entered on the smartphone/tablet in a pop-up. The code will appear on the device. If the pop-up doesn't appear, please check the status bar. The status bar is the topmost section of your smartphone display, where any new information is displayed.