MEDICA 2023: Blood pressure monitors with AFib function
Two new products are being added to the Beurer Premium Line: the BM 64 and BM 53 upper arm blood pressure monitors. What makes the two measuring devices special: They have an integrated AFib function which detects atrial fibrillation (AFib) early, and in doing so can significantly contribute to stroke prevention. The devices also utilise the triple measurement that doctors recommend, which promises even more accurate values. The Ulm-based health specialist will be in attendance in Hall 10, Stand D20 from 13 to 16 November 2023, offering information about its new products in the health sector.
The two upper arm measuring devices, which are medical devices in accordance with the new Medical Device Regulation (EU) 2017/745 (MDR), make it possible to automatically measure blood pressure and pulse on the upper arm. A cuff fit check feature ensures correct positioning of the cuff. The patented* resting indicator delivers accurate measurements.
Other functions of the two devices:
• Automatic pressure preselection and deflation.
• Average value of all stored measurements as well as morning and evening blood pressure for the last 7 days.
• Very easy-to-read XL display with backlight (BM 64 LCD screen)
• Risk indicator and incorrect usage message.
• Premium cuff for upper arm circumferences of 22-42 cm.
• Date & time, low-battery indicator and automatic switch-off.
Special feature: BM 64
• Inflation technology: ultimate measurement comfort thanks to gentle pressure build-up and rapid measurement.
• Wireless transfer via Bluetooth® to the "HealthManager Pro" app.
• Two user memories with capacity for 120 values each.
Special feature: BM 53
• Suitable for pregnant users
Reliable measurement, even during pregnancy – clinically validated.
• Transfer with "Scan & Save" to the "HealthManager Pro" app. More info
• Two user memories with capacity for 100 values each.
Reliable measurement, even during pregnancy
Before, during or after pregnancy, women may experience high blood pressure which increases the risk of pre-eclampsia. Precise blood pressure monitoring is advisable during pregnancy, especially in the event of high blood pressure. The BM 53 is an ideal companion for pre-natal care. For pregnant women with high blood pressure, pregnancy-related changes to tissue and artery structures mean that inaccurate measurement values may be obtained from blood pressure monitors which are not designed for these at-risk groups. A clinical validation study has confirmed the measurement accuracy of the BM 53 for determining blood pressure values in pregnant women – including when arterial hypertension and pre-eclampsia are factors.
*Patent EP 1673 009
All Beurer highlights can be seen at the MEDICA trade fair stand from 13 to 16 November 2023 in Hall 10 at Stand D20.
Information on other MEDICA highlights can be found in the Press Area.